angel; eternally lost
Home follow +

運命なんてくそくらえ

carpe diem;

Welcome. 99.9% here was about random rants and good shits. HISTORY never changes, cannot be changed as well.
credit.

--Awkward--
Awkwardly handcoded by sekaryoshioka. Picts are from weheartit. Edited fully by duizhang. All right reserved.


24 April 2017 @ 4:42:00 am
0 +
2017 UITM Diploma in Mass Communication (Masscom): Interview Experience

I had always been dreaming to make my entry appear on search results hahahah.
So, I'll like to tell y'all abt my experience regarding my masscom interview experience in UITM Pasir Gudang, Johor on 22 April 2017.

Firstly, ofcourse I'll get excited over the interview letter and it stated that the intrview starts on 8.30a.m, so I arrived on 8.30a.m at the campus. But, the poster on the entrance stated the interview starts on 8.00a.m duh????? So, I ran out and find for my course venue for interview and coincidentally caught up with another masscom candidates (bless up) so yeah I went with her and arrived at our venue safely. And the first thing we literally need to do is to write down those essays yeah its the same questions every year (Need to write more than 200 words but less than 250 words):

- whats the definition of masscom
- why u took this course
- what can u contribute

Yikes I actually kinda wrote down stuffs that I knew generally for masscom's definition bc im literally didn't memorised the definition lol (thank god those that I randomly wrote down as definition is actually pretty similar like 90% like the one in wikipedia its pretty similar with ict's definition in my high school textbook thats why it clicks lmao) I'll consider it as my luck orz.

* You guys shld memorised the point of the definition. Don't wrote it down 100% like the one from wiki as the lecturers might want to know on how you could elaborate the contents by yourself.

As for why I took this course, I wrote that I had those passion, ability and experience for this course. Just wrote down your strength and it'll be fine. And for what I could contribute is I wrote down that I'm confident and capable in bringing people to change their perspective and thoughts based on my way of writing in terms of sociology, psychology, science, politic and economy. (On that time its on early morning idk if my grammar is the same as their level of expectation, cries.) Yeah, there's a score for how good your grammar is that's why they need you to bring a dictionary along which I forgot lol.

* Add atleast a brief of conclusion for your last sentence.
* Make sure your grammar is correct and slightly above average (?)
* Please read the agreement letter carefully even while you're sleepy duh bc I didn't circle the options for whether "if I didn't get this course, could I accept other offers from other course" since I wasn't aware I guess they alrdy explain it bfr the essay starts but well I'm late into the essay venue.

After 2 hours of waiting I guess, since my queue number is 109/166 and it's pretty longer than I expected but well I searched for current issues news and practice myself to speak english fluently since the interview is in english yes even the essay is in english.

* Search for current issues news
* Read all kind of definition of subjects under Masscom
* Memorise those whoever had a position at UITM
- ex: The Vice Chancellor of UITM duh
* Practice your pronunciation, way of speaking, your confidence tone while you're talking and the most important, speak louder and clearly. Also, don't ever left a long silence after after you speak a word and don't add "lah" honestly it's a turn-off.

This is a formal interview so it'll be nice to talk with respect as you're talking with someone who's honorable.

Finally, the time has come as my name is finally being called into the interview room!

* Greet them with Salam or Good Afternoon/Morning
* Said "Thank You" when they told you to sit as a basic manner,
* Smile confidently on the entire interview. Show that you're confident.

Interviewer: *re-confirm our stream in high school*
Others: *are all science stream students*
Interviewer at me: You're... technical?
Me: ??.. I'm from Cluster school
Interviewer: But your certificate says that you took Perdagangan..
Me: Oh yea, I'm from Arts Stream

Bruh lmao... duh my panic is killing me that time as I can feel that blood inside my body is rushing onto my cheeks and ears huhu.

Others: *being checked about their attendance through forms*
Interviewers at me: Where's your form... though?
Me: *MENTALLY SCREAMS* *HAVING A MENTALBREAKDOWN* *IS DUMBFOUNDED OVER EVERYTHING*
Me: *alr calms down* Do we received the form beforehand since I didn't get those form earlier though?
Interviewer: *is confused* :\
Me: *actually still having mentalbreakdown*
Interview: Oh wait... it's in the pile of absence candidate's forms... how could your paper went there though..
Me: *Is dumbfounded but also relieved*
Interviewer: Okay I'll start the interview now, so what's the name of UITM's Vice Chancellor?
Other candidates including me: *is dumbfounded*
Interviewers: As you guys couldn't answer me, now justify on why I NEED TO TAKE YOU in this course.
Others: *talks abt their position in high school and used to take public speaking blablabla*
Me: *Talks abt I used to take ICT as my SPM subject and got A in it which is an advantage since it's related with this course and my current work is abt being an event crew under a Production company also I used to handle management as an audio technician for a prestigious wedding ceremony which could qualified me to get into masscom since it's related with the subject under this course*
Interviewer: *is impressed*
Me: *THANK GOD*

* Do talk smoothly and confidently also don't ever stutter as they might could doubt your ability in speaking openly.

Interviewer: Okay we move on, what's the definition for Public Relation?
Everyone: *is dumbfounded again* *everyone tried including me but answers didn't get accepted*
Us: *Get lectured again*
Interview: *Sighs* How about the definition of Journalism?
Me: *is the first one to raise up hand* *Talk briefly abt information that I knew*
Interviewer: Wrong.
Others: *also tried but it doesn't impress him* :\
Interviewers: Hmm.. that's it. Is there anything you want to ask me?

Uh since the interviewer is kind of unsatisfied with us, the others didn't talk much so kinda want to save my and their pride I literally went:

Me: Sir, may I speak briefly about myself more?
Interviewer: Sorry?
Me: *repeats my question*
Interviewer: Yes, sure you can.
Me *AH THANK GOD T___T*
Me: *Talks abt as I spend mostly my time on internet, and I'm alr fond with all kind of editing from vids, audios, web, photo and subbing foreign shows into eng language and my ability is indeed a benefit for me to get into this course*
Interviewer: *is impressed*
Others: *speechless*
Interviewer: So, is there anything you want to ask me?

* Please reply the interviewer with a question, they want passionate soon-to-be students and those who are ambitious so atleast please show your interest regarding anything about this program.

Honestly, I had no idea on what to ask but I literally try because, I need to enroll in this course and I like broadcasting and journalism since I'm 6 years old and I need to achieve my childhood dream? tbh don't want to disappoint my past child self :')

And again, I'm the only one who raised my hand.
Interviewer: Yes, you may.
Me: *Shows my interest abt translator job* If I graduated from this job, will I get a job at a foreign broadcasting company to sub dramas? It's supposed to be broadcasting station duh
Interviewer: Yes, you could but honestly it depends on the person if they still want to continue their passion and work as a subber for kpop shows
Me: *is impressed and nodded in agreement*

Apparently, I sat right in front of the interviewer and I feel like he dug into my mind tbh. Well, this course actually requires psychology so they actually capable in reading your mind. Yeah how could he know I actually want to sub kpop shows bruh hahahahahahah

I'm impressed how he doesn't even asked what the foreign language that I subbed, it feels like he knew it hmmmmmmmmmmmm

So, since everyone is in silence that's how the interview ended.

* Just put your photostat of IC, SPM certificate, surat tawaran and surat syarat-syarat interview on the interviewer's table. I guess this only applies for masscom course though.

Ahhhhh I literally had mentally exhausted as they tried to make us feel panic and not worthy enough but it's just a reverse psychology since they want to see will you able to handle a big pressure and is your confidence is fit enough for this course. Haaaaa thank god I managed to atleast act and answer confidently T___T

Honestly, my boss give me some tips regarding this since he used to study in Mass Communication too! So, I put him as my role model tbh he's also the one who acknowledge my ability and suggest me me to take this course :) Actually, my boss usually put me under this kind of pressure so I could handle this interview with a calm mind and capable in thinking rationally fast. I'm totally thankful for him.

Good luck to whoever read this!

p/s: I'm kind of dumbfounded because I thought my part could get easier since we're nearing the end queue but even my ex-classmate who's queue number is earlier got easier basic cliche questions hmm.

UPDATE: I GOT INTO THE COURSE GUYSSSS

Labels: , , , , , ,


Please do the rules:
  1. No spamming--no no no!
  2. Don't talk rudely--don't don't don't!
  3. Ask me anything-- I won't eat you
  4. I like nice people--
    if you need meh to follow your blog back--ask it nicely and i'll think about it~

Post a Comment

Older Post